School closures due to Evacuation Orders
School Closures due to wildfires
- Career Pathways School, Wabasca Alberta
- Mistassiniy School, Wabasca Alberta
- St. Theresa School, Wabasca Alberta
- Calling Lake School (school will re-open on Monday, June 17, 2019)
- Chipewyan Lake School
- Pelican Mountain School (Sandy Lake)
- Paddle Prairie School
Any decision regarding school operations will be announced once more information becomes available.
Sunday, May 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.: Paddle Prairie Métis Settlement
Re-entry for communities previously under Evacuation Order
Wednesday, June 12, 2019: Phase 3 Re-entry (Return of Residents) for Wabasca-Desmarais, Sandy Lake and Chipewyan Lake. The threat of wildfire still exists for the above-mentioned communities. As a result, an eight (8) hour Evacuation Alert will remain in effect.
Question and Answer page for students, parents, staff impacted by the wildfires
Click here to view the Question and Answer page.
Paddle Prairie School closed for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year
Posted on June 7th, 2019
Minister of Education Adriana LaGrange approved a request from the Board of Trustees of Northland School Division (NSD) to close Paddle Prairie School for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year. The decision to close the school for health and safety reasons was made in accordance with the School Act.
*****Information Regarding Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Exams
Paddle Prairie School students scheduled to write June 2019 Diploma Exams may either:
- receive an exemption from the exams; or
- write the exams if they choose to do so and can safely make it to a school.
Paddle Prairie students scheduled to write June 2019 Grades 6 and 9 Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) may either:
- be excused from the tests; or
- write the tests if they choose to do so and can safely make it to a school.
- Final course marks for students who receive exemptions from the Diploma Exams will be comprised of only the teacher-awarded mark. If a student chooses to write the Diploma Exams, the student cannot retroactively ask for an exemption to be provided for the exam.